In our day to day interactions with the amazing customers here at Dive Right In Scuba, I am oftentimes asked to make recommendations for products. One product that seems to mystify many divers are dive computers and rightfully so. Dive computers, like most pieces of technology have varying features and functions and for a diver it is important to find the right dive computer for the type of diving they are currently undertaking as well as any diving they plan to do in the future. After all, it isn’t the most cost effective thing to have to keep buying new stuff every time your personal diving adventures change. So, to aid in that we like to spotlight various products to further help divers figure out exactly what they need. In this installment we will be discussing the EON steel dive computer by Suunto.
The EON Steel Dive Computer by Suunto
Coming from a long line of quality products made by the good folks at Suunto, the EON is a solid dive computer that is yes, made from a stainless steel casing. The EON Steel computer is for active / tech divers who are looking for an easy-to-use dive computer that grows with them. The color display makes it easy to read underwater in any conditions. Customizing makes it easy to modify to every diver’s needs. It is possible to use it as a bottom timer or up to trimix with multiple gases. Some of the listed features of the EON Steel Dive Computer include:
- Full customization – modes, features, display, physical
- Steel bezel (grade 316L)
- Xensation glass
- Hard composite case (enhanced with extra glassfiber)
- Advanced media isolated pressure sensor
- Easy to read color display (Brightsee technology)
- Easy to use
- Option to attach to wrist with elastomer strap or with bungee
- Full continuous decompression algorithm – Suunto Fused RGBM
- Air / Nitrox / Trimix support
- Multi-gas diving (up to 10 gases)
- Possible to use as gauge / bottom timer
- Integrated tilt-compensated 3D digital compass
- Wireless air integration with up to 10 PODs (with optional Suunto tank POD)
- User updatable firmware
- Works with DM5 PC/Mac compatible software
In addition to the long list of epic features, the EON Steel dive computer can be ordered with the tank pod multi hoseless transmitter to allow the diver to monitor not only their own gas supply but also the gas supplies of their buddies and/or students. Yeah, I agree…that’s a pretty cool feature that only adds to the usefulness of this dive computer powerhouse!
So, if you’re in the need for a solid and robust dive computer solution that will grow with you not only into extended range technical diving but also into the ranks of the dive professional you really should take a close look at the EON Steel Dive Computer by the good folks at Suunto. Of course, if you have any questions or would like information on any of the number of quality dive computers we carry here at Dive Right In Scuba, just give us a shout.